Wynford is a brand experience company with a focus on creative & event production, experiential events and incentive travel focused on partnering with our clients to strengthen their cultures and drive results through the power of transformational live and digital events and experiences. These include customized incentive travel programs, conferences, experiential workshops, launch events, and all things in between. We employ approximately 80+ full-time employees. Our Head Office is in Toronto, ON. Visit us at www. wynfordtwg.com for more information.
We are proud to have received, for 8 years running, the Great Place to Work award. At Wynford we are passionate about the work that we do, and the clients that we partner with. We believe in having fun and celebrating our successes as well as one another. We believe our business success can be attributed to our people. We have and foster a culture as it is important to speak up, share feedback, and challenge one another to create new ways of doing things. We have a flexible and trusting environment where you can bring your best self to your role.
About the Opportunity
This is a full-time position (permanent or contract) with the flexibility to work in a hybrid role. You will partner with our sales team to build proposals for our clients by your expert knowledge of global programs and strategic sourcing capabilities in the global incentive travel and events industry.
You are a strategic thinker with a creative vision for new and immersive global experiences. You thrive on working with local DMCs and hotels across the globe to create customary proposals to excite and attract clients.
You are known for your attention to detail, excellent time management, and ability to organize multiple projects at a time.
- Act as program lead for all details related to the execution of an event
- Work closely with the sales and account team leads to support the client relationships both during the execution stage and onsite
- Be a valued consulting resource for the client and the internal team on the planning and execution of the event
- Ensure the successful communication to all relevant parties of program expectations, deliverables, and deadlines including follow up
- Support the timely creation of all relevant documentation for the execution of the program
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of experience in the global Meetings and Incentive Travel
- 3+ years in a strategic sourcing and pre-sale planning position where you create global incentive travel programs by partnering with international hotels and DMCs.
- Working knowledge of domestic and international hotels and DMCs, including overall capabilities/range of services.
- 2+ years of experience sourcing and negotiating terms and conditions for hotel meeting and event contracts.
- 1+ years of CVENT sourcing experience, required.
- Google Suite experience, preferred.
- Technically savvy, with the ability to adapt to new technology.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills; effectively can handle situations of conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Strong ability to build and maintain lasting client relationships
- Strong understanding of the client experience and program design
- Well-versed in best-practices in planning within a third party supplier environment
- Demonstrated creative flair
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning to enhance product knowledge
- While this is not an operational role, experience in meeting management and onsite is an asset
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the pre-sale sourcing & contracting process on both new and existing business, by working closely with the Sales Director, and own files through to contract completion and turnover.
- Lead suppliers and internal project teams members to meet timelines and deliverables which include ad hoc requests.
- Act as a subject matter expert on destinations and site options, globally.
- Source and gather all supplier information necessary to build compelling, best-in-class proposals independently and sometimes with team support (ie: from hotels, DMC’s and other vendors).
- Create cost estimates and initial program budgets leveraging quotes and industry experience.
- Negotiate supplier contracts, ensuring best possible price and concessions.
- Act as a consulting resource to stakeholders on all elements of the pitch.
- Ensure the successful communication to all relevant parties of program expectations, deliverables, and deadlines including follow up, and post pre-sale concept approvals.
- Organize supplier contracts and proposals for handover to Operations team who execute program
- Ability and availability to travel and attend FAM trips is an asset
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Handle multiple projects effectively
Send Us Your Resume!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
** Please indicate Product Buyer, Wynford in the subject line of your email.**
Wynford is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Wynford welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all qualified individuals for their interest, only those applicants who are invited in for an interview will be contacted directly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.